Monday, June 8, 2009

poem

I took your empty, cold
blooded hand in my warm, alive one.
Your casket was
buried
in roses.
Your face still held it's radience,
yet didn't.
My tears spilled onto your cheek.
I remember our first kiss,
our marriage had been such bliss
If only I could bring yo
alive again.
I remembered your last words,
"Remember me.
remember when you said,
we live happily ever after?"
yes.
"There's...no..such thing"
Now I see what you meant,
I thought.
There's no such thing as
Happily ever after
Life's too short
Love's too long
Life's not perfect
Move on.
Cry out.
But don't be bitter.
miss her.
But don't push the pause button.
She wants you to move on
I slip a rose into your listless arm,
and give you a brief kiss.
I let all my love for you
stay,
but still let my heart grow.
I know you want me to be happy
Good bye, sweetheart.
Good bye.

1 comment: